Copenhagen Harbor

Copenhagen Harbor

Thursday, October 30, 2014

Totally Tivoli

Tuesday night I had the pleasure of spending the evening with the host fam at Tivoli,
Tivoli is an amusement park right smack in the middle of Copenhagen. It opened in 1843 making it the second oldest amusement park in the world, with first oldest being another amusement park in our very own beloved Denmark. Tivoli welcomes millions of visitors each year from around the globe, it is the most visited theme park in Scandinavia and the 4th most visited in all of Europe.
Tivoli is really a fun experience for all. There are tons of thrilling rides but for the more faint at heart there are also lush gardens to walk through, a bunch of cute little stores and shops, and a wide variety of choices when is comes to food.
Tivoli also is known for their seasonal changes. Tivoli is open for a short period of time for Halloween and then again later for Christmas. The whole amusement park is dolled up in holiday fashion. We obviously were there for the Halloween season and so the park was covered with pumpkins and skeletons.






My visit to Tivoli included riding along on some really fun rides with Kylie screaming her lungs out next to me and Morten enjoying Kylie's fear. We went on some rides that flipped us upside down and others that twirled us til we were dizzy but it wasn't hard to tell that Morty's favorite was the bumper cars because he got to chase Kylie and I around and smash into us. Poor Kylie though her lame ankle was already in pain and I think head on collisions wasn't helping any. I can't if it was hilarious or terrifying see this face gunning for us ....




I also got to accomplish my goal of having one pic of all of us: me, Kylie, Morten and Kirsten. So now I have at least one picture to show of our happy little family.

And at the end of the night we got some delicious mini churros, a tasty end to a wonderful night.

No comments:

Post a Comment