Copenhagen Harbor

Copenhagen Harbor

Sunday, August 31, 2014

A true Danish dessert delight


Let me just tell you about one of the greatest inventions maybe of all time... flødeboller. Invented by the Danish in the 1800s it is the first chocolate covered marshmallow treat.  flødeboller translates to cream buns because they were originally made with cream filling, but now whipped egg whites/meringue makes up the filling. Similar to one of my favorite treats the Mallomar,  flødeboller an even BETTER gastronomic delight. And whats great is that Danes eat them often, They were handed out multiple times during my orientation with DIS, and by teachers on the first day of class, AND my host mom bought some just recently, because well Danes just want to introduce you to the heavenly bliss that is  flødeboller. Have I said  flødeboller enough, do you get the point? THEY ARE AWESOME!! and I will continue to eat them at any chance I get.(P.S. they don't all have that symbol of a girl on top, that one was just a specially made one from a specific store)

No comments:

Post a Comment