Copenhagen Harbor

Copenhagen Harbor

Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Dinner and a Stroll

Monday afternoon has rolled around and I am stressing out over finding this restaurant for a dinner with my Danish class. Due to my being located at Hvidovre Hospital at 5:30, I knew I wouldn't be able to meet up with the class a the metro at 6 to walk over together. So once again I must battle the bus AND find my way around Frederiksberg to this restaurant. Surprisingly I pulled off taking not 1 but 2 new buses and actually made it to the restaurant before the teacher and rest of the class.


The restaurant turned out to be a lot fancier than I expected when the teacher said we would be going to a "cafe". After a lovely meal (chicken and pasta for those interested in the finer details) and some lovely dinner conversations with some girls from my class and another section, we went on a little tour of the park in Frederiksberg, lead by our professor. On our way to the park we passed by and area that the teacher explained was transformed into an ice skating rink in the winter, delightful! Once in the park our main attraction was the castle, and it was ever so pretty, maybe not as medieval as one would expect from the word castle, but regal just the same.

From there we strolled through the park a bit more and ended up passing a very odd tree. Hung from this single tree was THOUSANDS of baby's pacifiers. It was created as a way to help parents wean their infants off their dependence on the pacifier, the family would take the child to this tree and tie the binki up with a little note from the child to the pacifier saying how he/she loves it and will miss it. What a sweet little tradition. Wouldn't my mother have liked a little help like that getting my pacifier away from me!

It was a lovely evening getting to know some of my classmates and seeing some great things from where my professor lives. I have high hopes for my Danish class, I think she will really make it interesting and fun, and I will learn a lot about the language and culture.

Vi ses! hej hej!
(see ya! bye!)



No comments:

Post a Comment