Copenhagen Harbor

Copenhagen Harbor

Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Human Health and Disease

This semester I have had the pleasure to be enrolled in one of the bets classes I've ever taken- Human Health and Disease.
I this course has given me so many amazing opportunities and my teachers Ditte and Anita (Danish Doctors) and our course assistance Karen (Danish Med-student) have taught me so much.

This class takes an applied approach to learning anatomy and physiology. It has taught me to think diagnostically and given me ample practice in doing that, through theoretical case studies as well as interactions with real patients from Hvidovre Hospital. I have gotten to learn practical skills with hands on training. I got to conduct lung, heart and abdominal exams, I've done suturing and placing IVs, orthopedic inspection, CPR and defibrillation in a mock cardiac arrest scenario, and recording patient histories. Not to mention the things I witnessed on our study tours, like I've described before (C sections and such).

This class has really given me experience that no class at home would offer me. It has given me a look into the world of a health professional and has helped me to solidify my decision in career path, and really excited me for my future. I am so grateful for this course and the knowledge and stories my teachers shared with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment